If you haven't listened to Glen Hansard's new album, it's up on NPR's First Listen program for the next week. Highly recommended.
My last post seems like forever ago. I missed academia. I missed having ambition and being knowledgable about subjects I am passionate about. Working retail really sapped that out of me. I was content to stay under the radar and work on my projects, but I was never after the next promotion or wanting to learn more about the next new product. Having such a rich life and education overseas made everything pale in comparison.
I say that to say that it's lovely to be back in school. To be using databases and thinking back on my experience and wanting to be more than I am. On Friday I visited CUA and talked to their manager of student services about their program... I'm in love with it. Their full time faculty are knowledgable and active in research, their adjunct faculty are hard-working and passionate. The building is old and creaky, and the campus is beautiful. I just want to be there.
Really one of the nicest things after my visit there is that I have an end goal. I know I have to bring up my GPA to X.XX before next spring because I want to be there. I want to be learning and absorbing and working with them. Such a lovely place. Having a goal and purpose changes everything. It's given me more energy in school and more interest in the details.
My last post seems like forever ago. I missed academia. I missed having ambition and being knowledgable about subjects I am passionate about. Working retail really sapped that out of me. I was content to stay under the radar and work on my projects, but I was never after the next promotion or wanting to learn more about the next new product. Having such a rich life and education overseas made everything pale in comparison.
I say that to say that it's lovely to be back in school. To be using databases and thinking back on my experience and wanting to be more than I am. On Friday I visited CUA and talked to their manager of student services about their program... I'm in love with it. Their full time faculty are knowledgable and active in research, their adjunct faculty are hard-working and passionate. The building is old and creaky, and the campus is beautiful. I just want to be there.
Really one of the nicest things after my visit there is that I have an end goal. I know I have to bring up my GPA to X.XX before next spring because I want to be there. I want to be learning and absorbing and working with them. Such a lovely place. Having a goal and purpose changes everything. It's given me more energy in school and more interest in the details.
No comments:
Post a Comment