Student. Future archivist. Lover of muppets and fine yarn.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Out on a limb

There are many factors that could enable or prevent my current internship prospect from falling through.

It's a long shot, but I've applied for another internship. So. We'll see.

Today's job interview went well, but it ultimately showed me that I can't simply take the first job that comes to me. It isn't precisely what I need nor is it precisely what I want. Fortunately I'm not in a position to be obligated to take the first job that comes along.

Fortunately my classes are going well and I'm making good grades so far. Four weeks left of the semester and there will be three more As on that transcript... somehow that makes me even more determined to find a job that will make these last six years of self-doubt and fear of failure worth it.

I have to remind myself, though, that no matter the job, I will have my degree and I will have earned it. Take that, self-pitying inner feelings!

My happy place

No comments: