Student. Future archivist. Lover of muppets and fine yarn.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

disparaging remarks

I try to be encouraging at positive, to at least be fair, but no matter what I say there doesn't seem to be any hope here. . . how dare we be understanding? I won't go into particulars. . . it's not right to, but don't ask someone to attend a cold, unsheltered, and unpleasant event and then complain when they have difficulty doing their job because their bare fingers are frozen due to the weather that we asked them to endure. Especially when they volunteered to do it in the first place. All these corporate phrases slowly wear down the honest exterior to 'expose' these charitable people to be lazy and dishonest. So much for Christmas spirit. Heck, so much for plain common sense and humanity.

I think I'll knit them all handwarmers. I wish I could.

4 comments:

r. mentzer said...

You can't knit them heart-warmers, either. Some people can be pretty determinedly humbuggy. But YOU CAN KNIT ME ARMWARMERS. Maybe they would be better if you forced them to sing Christmas carols. They can't really NOT be happy while they're singing. It is like angrily eating ice cream: impossible.

I have some new Christmas songs for you to listen to.

Kristi(e) said...

Actually, let's go ahead and retract that statement where I pretended I knew how I followed someone's blog that I made on your Twosday post. I follow a blog and have NO IDEA how that happened. I've tried to follow this thing for the past twenty minutes. I fail.

Kristi(e) said...

Figured it out. I'm stupid. Apologies all around.

Unknown said...

teehees. :)