Something seems wrong today, as if there's some misalignment between my feet and the ground I'm walking on. Maybe it's the jet lag, maybe it's the fact that. . . for the first time in the last year, I can see myself getting on my feet again and beginning to be myself. I guess I've become used to being stressed and unhappy about school and my immediate future. Odd, and rather sad. But then again, maybe it's just that it's the first cool enough day for me to wear my favorite knee-high boots. Spending an afternoon steeped in HTML reminded me of afternoons spent watching Star Trek behind my iMac, my notepad covered in brackets and incoherent code. Something this weekend made me want to pick up my sax again. I could almost feel the notes rolling off my fingers, feeling the swell of the band. I miss it.
Oh, and as for the oh-so-picky rock star coming through, I don't have to deal with his picky-eating-friends. *Blackadder laugh* Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh!
But seriously, I kinda wish I'd slept in today. Or at least curled up with a book this morning instead of coming in to work. I have so much reading to do before the 18th. . . ugh.
18 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment