The Smiths are getting me through the time readjustment. They seem to be good at creating a feeling of limbo.
Amanda is back from camp, thank goodness. Apparently Morgan's sarcasm has been getting on The Aunt's nerves. . . she does need to rein it in what with so many feely people around. We've been talking about it now and then, and she sees the logic (and advantage) in not using sarcasm so much.
Brendan and I have been the recipients of a TV from a flood victim that didn't really want it after the bottom part of the entertainment center died. Nice excuse to get a new TV. So we've set it up with the PS2 and Final Fantasy XII (thanks, Brian!). The audio and visual quality is ten times better than on the small TV we've been using, and the game is amazing. Balthier is my hero, and I really want to kick Penelo because she is so annoying. Anyway, on from video games.
I am missing Italy immensely. From my daily schedule of work and bantering with Frank and Taeko to playing Settlers with Lyka, Cindy, Jen, and Hannah. I don't know what it will be like to go back and not have that to uphold me and give me some fellowship with friends. I miss the peace of Missy's house and the sense of family. Here it seems as if everyone is too busy to find the time to all sit down at the dinner table and be a family. To think that I thought Naples was busy. I miss my hugs from Tuba and my ThinkTank, and getting lattes in the morning with Rika.
Brendan and The Aunt and I have been spending the most time together. It's odd to know that as Brendan and I grow up, we become closer to his parents. No longer is The Aunt poking her nose in to make sure we're not reading Encyclopedia Brown instead of going to bed. Now she's asking us if we want to come out and watch an episode of Numbers with her. Of course we still get asked to unload the dishwasher, but instead of putting it off until we're in trouble, we unload it and load it again, and pick up the kitchen in general. I have been cooking lunch for the cousins every once in a while, and am usually in charge of making the salad for dinner. I must convince her to get some good Ranch salad dressing mix, or at least some good olive oil and lemons. All this packaged salad dressing has me slightly queasy.
Well, it is 6:20 and I must go prepare the aforementioned salad. Jen R: we have fresh avocados.
I miss you guys a lot.
18 hours ago
3 comments:
I'm glad you put that at the END of your post, because if you had led with that, I probably would have stopped reading immediately.
*wipes the drool off her keyboard*
Haha it was actually an edit. I came back to my computer after cutting up the avocado and thinking of your appalled look when I confessed my dislike for the things. I admit, they seem to be growing on me. Not that I'm running down the street to get them, but I don't pick them out anymore.
Since when have we had lattes in the morning? Oh . . . yes. The "morning". Yes, I miss those too.
Figgy is impossible. Every time I decide to sweep a room, she lays in the dust pile and purrs. When I want to fold blankets over chairs, she sits on top of them in a sprawling IT'S MINE DON'T TOUCH IT sort of way. But she does not sit on my lap. I pick her up and pet her and let her sit in the dust piles (sometimes) but she beelines for the door whenever I open it (doesn't matter which side of the door she is on, either).
FORZA ITALIA we won 2-0 over the Frenchies on their turf. Ha ha.
Post a Comment