Student. Future archivist. Lover of muppets and fine yarn.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rainy Day Songs



Highway 61 Revisited is one of my all-time favorite albums. Its versatile and meaningful lineup are a guarantee to cheer up any bad day, and the first song is an American staple - guaranteed to make you feel free as flip-flops in a suit and tie. I love it.

Driving home from Dulles Int'l today (dropped the mother off to have an adventure), I stopped by Tysons Corner to pick up Star Wars pancake molds and was consequently caught in the rain and traffic of the beltway with naught but my Pandora to keep me company. In the ensuing drive I created the following playlist of "Rainy Day". Thought I'd share it here. I recommend waiting until you have a bad day at work and get stuck waiting for the bus/metro to arrive or for traffic to start moving. Here's a mix to get you smilin' and groovin'.


1. All My Loving - The Beatles (Meet The Beatles)
2. Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan (Highway 61 Revisited)
3. Money and Run (feat. Nick Cave) - U.N.K.L.E. (Where Did the Night Fall)
4. Dearest - The Black Keys (Rave On Buddy Holly)
5. Born Alone - Wilco (The Whole Love)
6. Sprawl II - Arcade Fire (The Suburbs)
7. Is It Really So Strange? - The Smiths (Louder Than Bombs)
8. All I Want Is You - Roxy Music (Country Life)
9. Santa Fe - Beirut (The Rip Tide)
10. Can You Picture That? - Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem (The Muppet Movie) ("They don't look like presbyterians to me!")
11. D'yer Mak'er - Led Zeppelin (Houses of the Holy)
12. Got To Get You Off My Mind - Solomon Burke (Best of Solomon Burke)
13. Rain Must Fall - Queen (The Miracle)
14. I'm Always In Love - Wilco (Summerteeth)
15. Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel (In the Aeroplane Over the Sea)
16. Sweet Jane - The Velvet Underground (Loaded)


Anyway. Enjoy :)

No comments: