Student. Future archivist. Lover of muppets and fine yarn.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Spektor and I on our haunts

I have the office to myself this morning. The result: I'm getting e-mails answered, I'm singing to some of my favorite music, I feel much more compentent than I usually do, and oh yeah, my day's going okay.

Things have been working themselves out, slowly but surely.

I still don't like this job too much, though. I'll be happy come February 20th.

It's so good to have my sister home. I missed her. I missed having someone being excited about freshly baked brownies and soft adorable kitties and hugs. Oh, speaking of soft adorable kitties, her dragon slept on my bed most of last night. Sorry. The wonderfully sleek dragonkitty kept my feet warm, though. . . she also took up half the bed. *grrr*

I missed her. My sister, not the dragonkitty. That cat hardly left me alone the whole time my sister was gone. . . MimimimimiMImi. Mi. PrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrMI!

2 comments:

rika said...

I AM SO GLAD TO BE HOME ALSO. And dragon sat on my lap for quite a long time this morning (as a result of this, my right arm is numb).

I am about to make bread and warm up the kitchen with good smells of baking. I miss you today. I would like to talk about yarn and knitting and things I find funny but there seems to be a lot of J planning going on right now.

*sigh* love and hugs.

Kristi(e) said...

"I have the office to myself this morning. The result: I'm getting e-mails answered, I'm singing to some of my favorite music, I feel much more compentent than I usually do, and oh yeah, my day's going okay."

This sounds like what happened after I realized I could tilt the monitor away from the staff room since my stupid desk is in the central hub of the library (i.e., what happened yesterday). I may not be so lucky as to be alone here, but I can at least procrastinate from doing any real work appropriately. :) I read a pdf of an Animorphs book in the morning. Definitely brightened my day.